Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April

I haven’t really posted in awhile. I've been very lax with the whole blog thing. I don't think I have interesting things to say. My mom told me to be "provocative” and talk about my nights on the town and college parties, but I'm afraid it'll come back to haunt me. It probably would.
So I’ll update you on classes (exciting right?). I’ve been learning JavaScript in my computer science class, which I think could actually be helpful later in life. I designed an emotional piece for my visual arts class that had to do with plane crashes. I think the teacher liked it. My psychology class is kicking my butt. I just got my midterm grade today, the only grade for the class so far, with only a month left of school. I didn’t do too well on it (I’ll leave the exact grade out… :/). I’ll just ace the final (hopefully). We’re learning about genetics in Bio, and the classical era in Music Appreciation. I’m very eager to be ending my classes soon.
I got accepted to Psi Chi, it’s a psychology honor sorority thing. I get inducted on the thirteenth. I really don’t know anything about it, but it’ll look good on resumes!
For summer plans, I don’t have any. I will be going to jersey for some shore action with my friends for a week, but that’s about it. I’m currently looking for a job. I applied to Starbucks (my favorite place on earth) and I haven’t heard back yet. I think they lost my application. So job hunting hasn’t been going so well. Plus the pay in Virginia is horrible. I didn’t realize how good I had it at Liberty answering phones.
I’m looking for a place to live for next year at school. It’s kind of grueling. My friend and I can’t decide if we want an apartment or a house. It’s really expensive to get a place for two, not to mention furniture and utilities. I’m not looking forward to actually purchasing a house one day if it’s anything like this.
I’ve been enjoying some really great TV shows lately. I’m a huge Lost fan and I’m waiting for a new episode. I’m crossing my fingers that they actually get off the island this time. I’ve recently found The Office and I’m addicted. During Spring Break I just stayed up all night laughing and watching it.
I’m afraid I don’t have anything inspiring and thoughtful to end with like Anne, but I want to congratulate Katie and Aunt Barbara on their new places! And I hope to see the family soon!

3 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

Well besides kids, our lives involve a lot of The Office and Lost - so not all the different. I'm glad things are going so well - and as long as you're not changing diapers or washing sheets, your life is way more exciting than mine. I don't even have any good stories that would be too rowdy to post. The closest I get in my kid saying "booze".

Lots of Love!
A

jdoughe3 said...

I like the Psi Chi Pysch honor sorority and "psych class is kicking my butt" in the same paragraph. Sweet.

There is clearly no way those chumps are ever getting off the island.

Come work in Minnesota! You can stay with us and work in St. Paul. It'd be fun! You can pick up some cousin babysitting as a sideline business.

Katie said...

So, you finally updated on April Fools Day? Such timing!

I second the welcome to come to Minne for the summer. I have been promised there will be no snow, so its safe then. Would love to spend some Q-time with you soon. If not Minne, maybe Chicago?

love you, k