Thursday, August 16, 2007

As you all know I recently moved from Florham Park to Virginia. The 8 1/2 hour drive was extremely long, but I made it with only a few stops. The new house is beautiful, but the town is a bit lacking. The gas station down the street seems to be the most exciting thing within a five mile radius. But there are two more developed areas only about ten minutes away in either direction. Bristol- a place where fast food and a Wal-Mart are the main highlights. We've been told that locals were "doing flips" because of a new Target there. And Abingdon, which has a couple banks and a court house. Oh and my parent's new favorite restaurant (if you can even call it that) named Ma and Pa's. Nothing to rave about. My mom and I have already encountered a few problems- including pumping gas. My mom had to tell to the woman working there that we're from New Jersey and we don't know what we're doing. Of course she looked at us like we had five heads. That adventure had to be the most exciting part of the move. I hope Virginia gets better. Meanwhile I'm crossing my fingers.

3 comments:

Andie Dougherty said...

Hi Liz!! Glad to see you're blogging with the rest of us! I hope your first week in SC is going well. Can't wait to hear all about it!

We missed you guys in NJ on Saturday - kept looking around expecting to see you! Let's set a lunch or dinner date soon - Connor and I are more than happy to drive to Columbia (or maybe we can meet in the big city of Orangeburg)!!

Love,
Andie & Connor

ryan said...

you'll be fine down there!!! we miss you guys up here... i'm sure you can only imagine how Lizbell is doing w/o your Mom's guidance.

later
ry

jdoughe3 said...

Wow - I'm pretty excited about this Blog! Hope that the year starts out great for you - and someday soon you'll be pumping gas like a pro...I wish I was at that gas station...

We're thinking of you and excited to hear how all the transitions go.

Miss you!

Love,
Anne and crew